The mission of the Morris Museum is to elevate the cultural consciousness, excite the mind and enhance the quality of life of children and adults in the communities it serves by providing excellence in programming and education in the arts, sciences and humanities.
The Museum, family oriented and community focused, provides unique school offerings, changing exhibitions and distinctive performances to further the understanding and appreciation of the role of arts, sciences and humanities in our diverse communities. It also builds and preserves a permanent collection of art, science and cultural materials and organizes and presents exhibits, educational programs and publications which serve as a significant learning resource for the citizens of the State of New Jersey.
The Marketing Associate assists the Marketing Manager in implementing a comprehensive marketing plan for the Morris Museum with an emphasis on graphic design and social media platforms. This is a part-time position that requires 15 hours per week.
- Draft and publish dynamic content for Morris Museum’s social media sites across platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
- Track and analyze response rates;
- Support Marketing Manager with postcard production, including drafting copy and compiling mailing lists;
- Help to research and identify potential audiences for exhibitions and programming
- Design print materials;
- Maintain the Museum’s information table
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Adobe Design CS
- Strong writing, communications, and project management skills.
- Strong interest in the visual and performing arts
- Positive attitude in a fast-paced environment and commitment to accuracy and detail
How to apply:
Email a cover letter indicating times and availability, resume, and a list of 3 references to [email protected] Indicate “Marketing Associate” in the subject line. No phone inquiries or mail applications. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. The Morris Museum is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.