The mission of the Morris Museum is to elevate the cultural consciousness, excite the mind and enhance the quality of life of children and adults in the communities it serves by providing excellence in programming and education in the arts, sciences and humanities.
The Museum, family oriented and community focused, provides unique school offerings, changing exhibitions and distinctive performances to further the understanding and appreciation of the role of arts, sciences and humanities in our diverse communities. It also builds and preserves a permanent collection of art, science and cultural materials and organizes and presents exhibits, educational programs and publications which serve as a significant learning resource for the citizens of the State of New Jersey.
TITLE: Museum Loan Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Morris Museum Loan Program offers 1,300 portable boxed exhibits containing handling objects and interpretive materials that relate to subjects in the arts, sciences, history and humanities. Exhibit boxes contain artifacts, dioramas, models, charts, reproductions of artwork, science experiments and mounted specimens of mammals, birds and insects to enhance learning experiences. The slide collection includes slides in carousels, with an accompanying narrative. It is the responsibility of the Museum Loan Coordinator
This creative and organized individual, assures the Museum Loan boxed exhibits conform to current school curriculum guidelines. The coordinator is responsible for marketing the department’s services to schools, libraries and other academic institutions and in maintaining an ongoing registration of participating memberships. The coordinator writes didactic materials for the exhibition boxes; designs new relevant exhibit boxes; prepares budgets; and participates in long-range planning.
• Interacting with teachers, assessing their classroom needs, answering phone and personal inquiries.
• Maintaining department records
• Researching new topics for Museum Loan exhibits
• Supervises a large staff of volunteers
• Working with Group Programs Coordinator to coordinate the billing of approximately 70 different school districts/educational organizations
• Creating and Maintaining statistical reports
• Minimum BA/BS in art, art history, history, science, education or a related
• Experience in a museum or educational institution.